Forums Focus: A weekly blog to enlighten, encourage and equip Christian business leaders to lead in business using Biblical Business Principles.
Biblical Business Principles – Last week we focused on Leadership from Paul. Does your leadership move people to go beyond the norm?
This week we will focus on Building Your Business. How do you build a business? People are always key – customers, employees, suppliers, partners, subcontractors, etc.
1 Thessalonians 5:14-15 (NLT) gives some good advice in dealing with people. Brothers and sisters, we urge you to warn those who are lazy. Encourage those who are timid. Take tender care of those who are weak. Be patient with everyone. See that no one pays back evil for evil, but always try to do good to each other and to everyone else.
• Warn the lazy. How do you discern whether someone is lazy or just lacks the necessary skills? Laziness is an internal character trait that must be changed from within while skills can be taught and learned. Lazy people are a pain to their employer. They are like smoke in the eyes or vinegar that sets the teeth on edge. Proverbs 10:26 NLT Do you warn the lazy?
• Encourage the timid. Do you discern and recognize people who are timid? While timid people usually don’t speak up, they often have great ideas. How do you draw out the timid? Though good advice lies deep within a person’s heart, the wise will draw it out. Proverbs 20:5 NLT Do you encourage the timid?
• Care for the weak. While weak people are usually apparent, do you take the time to find out why they are weak? Like timid people, they often have great ideas. And, while they are weak in some areas, they can be strong in other areas. He feels pity for the weak and the needy, and he will rescue them. Psalm 72:13 NLT Do you care for the weak?
• Be patient with everyone. Do people see patience, one of the fruit of the Spirit, in you? Doing each of the above three requires patience. Patience can persuade a prince, and soft speech can crush strong opposition. Proverbs 25:15 NLT Are you patient with everyone?
• Don’t perpetuate evil. How do you respond when you are wronged? Eye for an eye, or do you turn the other cheek? Don’t be impressed with your own wisdom. Instead, fear the LORD and turn your back on evil. Proverbs 3:7 NLT Do you perpetuate evil?
• Do good to all. How do you define good? Is the Bible your guidebook? Do you ask God to search your motives? Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my thoughts. Point out anything in me that offends you, and lead me along the path of everlasting life. Psalm 139:23-24 NLT Do you do good to all?
Paul gives some further advice – Always be joyful. Keep on praying. No matter what happens, always be thankful, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus. Do not stifle the Holy Spirit. Do not scoff at prophecies, but test everything that is said. Hold on to what is good. Keep away from every kind of evil. Now may the God of peace make you holy in every way, and may your whole spirit and soul and body be kept blameless until that day when our Lord Jesus Christ comes again. God, who calls you, is faithful; he will do this. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-24 NLT
Bit of Wisdom
Even while we were with you, we gave you this rule: “Whoever does not work should not eat.” Yet we hear that some of you are living idle lives, refusing to work and wasting time meddling in other people’s business. In the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, we appeal to such people — no, we command them: Settle down and get to work. Earn your own living. And I say to the rest of you, dear brothers and sisters, never get tired of doing good. Take note of those who refuse to obey what we say in this letter. Stay away from them so they will be ashamed. Don’t think of them as enemies, but speak to them as you would to a Christian who needs to be warned. 2 Thessalonians 3:10-15 NLT
Business By the Book Workshops are an excellent way to learn and review Biblical Business Principles. Prayerfully consider hosting a Business by the Book Workshop at your company or church? For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
We are prayerfully considering holding a Business By the Book Workshop in White Marsh this Fall. If you have any interest, please contact Paul Lantz, firstname.lastname@example.org, 443-248-0377.
BBB Groups help graduates of Business By the Book Workshops and Seminars apply Biblical Business Principles. For more information contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Forums Groups help one-another solve difficult business issues using Biblical Business Principles through prayer, counsel, support, and accountability in a confidential environment. For additional information go to: http://forums.cbmc.com
or email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Forums Focus past issues are available online at https://cbmcmd.wordpress.com/
The Forums Ministry includes Business by The Book Workshops, BBB Groups, Forum Groups and Business Leadership Forums. For more information go to:
or email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Office & Cell 443-248-0377