Biblical Business Brief, a weekly blog to enlighten, encourage and equip Christian business leaders to lead in business using Biblical Business Principles.
Last week we focused on Who Leads You? Are you trusting God or yourself? To what degree? 50/50? 80/20? 100/0?
This week we will focusing on Daily Focus. In your business life, do you see good all around you, or do you see nothing but evil? Is the glass half full or half empty?
Guard your heart above all else, for it determines the course of your life. Proverbs 4:23 NLT
Our hearts become filters through which we perceive goodness or evil. The pure (those with Christ in control) learn to see goodness and purity even in this evil world. Corrupt and unbelieving people find evil in everything because their evil hearts taint even the good they see and hear. Will what you choose to fill your mind with affect the way you think and act?
Turn your thoughts to God and his Word, and you will discover more and more goodness, even in this evil world. A mind filled with good has little room for what is evil. Are you seeing goodness in your daily business life?
And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise. Philippians 4:8 NLT
This is a great verse for Daily Focus. I encourage you to memorize it in your favorite translation, and quote it to yourself daily.
Bit of Wisdom
Avoid all perverse talk; stay away from corrupt speech. Look straight ahead, and fix your eyes on what lies before you. Mark out a straight path for your feet; stay on the safe path. Don’t get sidetracked; keep your feet from following evil. Proverbs 4:24-27
CBMC Leadership Advancement
The mission of the CBMC Leadership Institute is to reach a business leader right where he is and help him become the leader God designed him to be while building a business of excellence that glorifies God.
- We focus on the “whole person”
- We help business leaders live as “Marketplace Ambassadors”
- We have a Great Commission focus
- Serving leaders in the marketplace for over 80 years
Peer Advisory Groups
- It’s a unique environment where 8-12 non-competing business leaders meet monthly to grow as business leaders, without neglecting their family and community responsibilities.
- It’s led by a trained CBMC Leadership Institute Professional with a seasoned business background and solid spiritual maturity.
- The long term objective is to help business leaders grow into the leaders God designed them to be, while building a business of excellence.
- It creates an environment of confidentiality, trust, friendship, mutual support and long term accountability….like having your own personal board of advisors.