Biblical Business Brief, a weekly blog to enlighten, encourage and equip Christian business leaders to lead in business using Biblical Business Principles.
Last week we focused on Planning. Are your plans coming to fruition and leading you where you need to go in your business?
This week we will focusing on Who Leads You? Are you the boss, or do you work for others and have a human boss? As a Christian we all have a boss (leader) we report to, Our Lord.
As leaders, we must trust God more than ourselves. In the daily rush of business, it is easy to trust in ourselves rather than trusting in the Lord.
Trust in the LORD and do good. Then you will live safely in the land and prosper. Psalm 37:3 NLT
How do you check yourself to discern when your trusting yourself more than God?
Take delight in the LORD, and he will give you your heart’s desires. Psalm 37:4 NLT
Does this mean He will give me what I want, or is it that He will plant His desires in my heart?
Commit everything you do to the LORD. Trust him, and he will help you. Psalm 37:5 NLT
How do you commit your business issues to the Lord? How much time are you investing in prayer?
He will make your innocence radiate like the dawn, and the justice of your cause will shine like the noonday sun. Psalm 37:6 NLT
Have you experienced God illuminating your business (and you) when you’re trusting, delighting, and committing everything to Him?
Be still in the presence of the LORD, and wait patiently for him to act. Don’t worry about evil people who prosper or fret about their wicked schemes. Psalm 37:7 NLT
How often do you invest time in simply sitting in the Lord’s presence? Have you discovered this investment yields dividends? Does the amount you’re fretting correspond to the amount of time you’re investing in His presence?
Bit of Wisdom
Don’t worry about the wicked or envy those who do wrong. For like grass, they soon fade away. Like spring flowers, they soon wither. Psalm 37:1-2 NLT
CBMC Leadership Advancement
The mission of the CBMC Leadership Institute is to reach a business leader right where he is and help him become the leader God designed him to be while building a business of excellence that glorifies God.
- We focus on the “whole person”
- We help business leaders live as “Marketplace Ambassadors”
- We have a Great Commission focus
- Serving leaders in the marketplace for over 80 years
Peer Advisory Groups
- It’s a unique environment where 8-12 non-competing business leaders meet monthly to grow as business leaders, without neglecting their family and community responsibilities.
- It’s led by a trained CBMC Leadership Institute Professional with a seasoned business background and solid spiritual maturity.
- The long term objective is to help business leaders grow into the leaders God designed them to be, while building a business of excellence.
- It creates an environment of confidentiality, trust, friendship, mutual support and long term accountability….like having your own personal board of advisors.